BNE-Zentrum (ESD Centre)
The Educational Centre for Sustainable Development (ESD) is providing advice to regional teachers, educators and multipliers. We also open for pupils, the engaged public in Berlin and international exchange, esp. German-Greek.
We are connecting you with our network in Berlin, national and international to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) of the United Nations.
This includes, for example, interdisciplinary topics such as climate protection or methods such as self-organized learning. The ESD-Centre is operating in cooperation with the the Berlin Ministry for Education (Senatsverwaltung für Bildung) Botanical School and also with the Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem as part of Freie Universität Berlin.
Responsible body: Praktische Pädagogik e.V.
The BNE-Zentrum is managed on a volontary basis.
Our main partner: Botanikschule (Botanical School)
The educational advisory centre of the Berlin ministry for education (Senatsverwaltung für Bildung) called Botanikschule, offers materials, pedagogical advice and advanced training on botany, environmental education and sustainable development.
The offer is used annually by many thousands of teachers, educators, pupils and students to learn at the Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum and to implement topics of the curriculum.
The pupils come to contact with the diverse plant world and recognize the connections between plants, the environment, global development and their everyday life.
The Botanikschule has been run since 1987 by the Berlin Ministry for Education (Senatsverwaltung für Bildung) in cooperation with the Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem.
Botanikschule (in German)
Dipl. Phys. Wolfgang Schwarz, StR. retired
I use my experience …
- as physics teacher for over 30 years at a gymnasium in Berlin
- with energy projects at schools in contact with local authorities
- as educator for young physics teachers, preparing them for the final, second state examination for 10 years
- with advanced training of teachers as educational consultant for physics, education for sustainable development ESD/BNE, climate protection, cooperative learning and school development
- as coordinator of „Berliner Klima Schulen” at the Berlin Ministry for Education (Senatsverwaltung für Bildung) for 7 years
- as founder and still head of the BNE-Zentrum at the Botanic Garden Berlin for more than 10 years
In addition I was member of the advisory council for climate protection at the district authority (Bezirksamt) in Steglitz-Zehlendorf for several years and since 2019 I am member of the advisory board of the local Coordination Office for Environmental Education (Koordinierungsstelle Natur-, Umwelt- und Nachhaltigkeitsbildung Steglitz-Zehlendorf) at Freie Universität Berlin.
I am member of the Senior Expert Service supported by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Elke Anders, teacher, retired
I use my experience …
- as teacher for natural sciences at a primary school in Berlin
- with advanced training of teachers and educators as educational consultant for botany, education for sustainable development ESD/BNE, global learning, climate protection and school development
- with young people in their voluntary ecological year (Freiwilliges Ökologisches Jahr FÖJ)
Peter Heinrich left the team in June 2021. He retired and we thank him for his Engagement.
Botanikschule (Botanical School)
Open Horizons (Athens) implements innovative programs aimed at improving life quality in municipalities and schools of Greece
Community Energy River, Athens
Deutsche UNESCO-Kommission, Netzwerk der BNE-Akteure
στα Ελληνικά: http://athensecoschools.gr/
Designed for better learning in Athens